Ticker

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Thank You for Greyson's Legacy


Please don't misunderstand me.


I am relieved and inspired that we have done, what some told us was impossible. That Greyson, my son, has a legacy. That, by the Dept. of Health's own research, an average of 150 infants born in Texas, with detectable inherited diseases, will be identified at birth each year.


I promise, I have allowed myself to bask in the accomplishment.




Those of you that truly know me, know that once I set myself to accomplish a task, nothing stops me. I am proud of everyone that had a role to play in making "Greyson's Law" a reality.




Adrienne,

For not letting the heart-broken musing of a father, your brother, remain musings. Without you, it would have been too late to accomplish our goal this legislative secession.




Nicole,

For being there with me. For loving me and having the drive to push harder the harder it got. For having the ability to continue and encourage me to continue when I ran out of my own drive.




Luke, Seth, Riley,

For being wonderful brothers and sons. Your understanding that Mom and Dad had to do this.



Larissa,

For loving me and my boys so much. You will always be our Momma Bear. For always being available to help.


Jeanie,

For your support and energy. Your commitment to helping in anyway needed.


Maureen,

For helping and fighting for Greyson's Law before anyone else. You are a blessing and will always have a special place in our family.


Rep. Pierson,

For being a feisty Grandmother and fighting for Texas babies.


Senator Carlos Uresti,

Your passion and professionalism is refreshing.


Jacque,
For sharing your love, faith and energy with us. You inspired us. You have definitely made your Hunter proud. Nicole and I feel blessed to know you and count you as a friend and member of our family.

Jim and Jill Kelly,

For helping us in all of the little things, the letters to lawmakers, the phone calls, and your kind thoughts.






Erin Fellers
For being there in Austin to support us when even family couldn't. Your complete and true friendship is a gift I will always cherish.





For countless others, friends and family, that have been there and done anything possible, even if it was just listening, that I have not remembered for being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment