Ticker

Saturday, June 20, 2009

What's Wrong With You?


I have been hearing that alot today. I think that was the first words out of Nicole's mouth when I called her.

Until she asked, I didn't think that I was having any trouble at all. I mean, I feel a little guilty about crashing yesterday when I got home at 5 pm after working since the night before. I feel like I let the boys down and Nicole too. I didn't get a thing done at all. Just SLEPT. I hate to sleep. I have always felt that it is a huge waste of time. But it always manages to catch up with me. I guess that it was because my schedule has been so different this week, maybe it was the fact that I have started working out on the Elliptical Machine at the YMCA. I don't know.

It has been a hard week. Extra work so that I can be off on Sunday for the BBQ. Working out, thoughts about Grey. I remember being upset with Nicole on Mother's Day, the way she was acting. How upset she was. How distant she was. I couldn't reach her, couldn't make her talk to me. I needed to know what was going on in her head. The closer we get to Father's Day tomorrow, my first Father's Day after Grey's death, I think that I understand.


This morning, I stopped at a McDonald's to get a Egg McMuffin meal. The nice lady wished me a "Happy Father's Day, Sir!" I wanted to SCREAM at her! HOW DARE YOU! Don't you know that I am in PAIN? How SAD I am? How I don't think that I will ever enjoy another Father's Day the rest of my life? Ever?


Father's Day was my favorite ever since I became a Father. NEVER AGAIN!


Nicole,


I'm sorry that I didn't just let you be. I sorry that I didn't try to understand better. I get it now. I will try to do better. I will enjoy the party tomorrow. I will.


I Love You!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about you..... hang in there. We all love you just the way you are. We have no clue of the depths of what you and Nicole are feeling. Thank you for sharing with us though and letting us in.

    ReplyDelete