Ticker

Friday, May 29, 2009

Lessons Learned....


This has been a very educational crash-coarse in Texas politics. I, along with many, many others found myself praying that HB 1795 would be read and voted on in the Senate before the deadline on Wednesday.


Thank You to everyone for your support and actions in trying to impress upon the Lt. Gov the importance of HB 1795.


Like all of you that breathed a big, long sigh of relief after it was voted out of the Senate, I thought that we had overcome a major obstacle. I have realized that the world of politics is filled with a mine field.


Unfortunately, I still can't tell you that we have been successful. I have begun to temper myself with caution before counting on success. Maybe I'm being overly cautious, but by my count, we have been told on 4 separate occasions that we have succeeded only to find another roadblock unseen around that next turn. I have faith in the rightness of what we are trying to do, but I need to be sure of what we really have done.


I will continue to pray as I ask you to do. With luck and help from Grey I hope to have good news soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment