Ticker

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Muck Just Keeps Going On and On...



Sometimes I just feel overwhelmed. Like I am trying to wade through sticky goo and I'm getting more and more stuck the more I try to move. I have been lost in this goo since the moment that my Sweet Grey took his last breath. Since that moment, I think, there has been this overwhelming urge to make sure that no one forgets Grey. That everyone know his story and learn from it.

Progress in this murky, dark, area is almost non-existent. While our progress in the area of Texas and getting the legislation going has been more successful than I could ave ever dreamed, nothing has happened in the area of getting Grey's story out to the bulk of the nation.


Nicole has stated that she feels that we were chosen to be Grey's parents because we would carry the fight after Grey had done his part. The Doctor's tell us that we are 1 in 4 million. Meaning that only 1 in 4 million families have not 1 but 2 recessive diseases in their make-up. I feel that this alone means that Grey's death had a purpose.

Every week since Grey died I have been writing to may of the national TV shows; Oprah, Bonnie Hunt, Ellen, etc., etc. I think that Grey is the perfect example to hold up to all who want to protect children.


NOTHING!

Monday morning after Nicole went in to work, she called me crying. Kayla Rose de Visser, a beautiful little girl the same age that Grey was, died.
DAMN Krabbes!!






Babies are still dying.






My heart is broken. Little Kayla makes me realize just how broken. I was instantly transported back to the moment that felt Grey take his last breath. My soul screamed out in pain for her poor family. MUCK!
The muck is winning. It has been winning for a long time. I can't let it win any longer! Grey, Judson, Hunter, Kayla, Dalton, too many innocent lives lost. Just to Krabbes! How many other children with other detectable diseases are missed and allowed to suffer?


Someone with a national standing needs to grab hold of this issue and help Nicole and I get the word out about this tragedy and tell Greyson's story!

Until it does, I will keep fighting through the muck! Anyone who knows me, knows I will never quit.

Grey fought his part of the fight bravely until the very end. How can I do less?

1 comment:

  1. I am with you in this fight. I am spreading the news and I will never forget Grey or any of the children.Just wanted you to know you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete