Ticker

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dear Friends..... Taking Time for a Deep Breath

Wednesday was a blur. It started early, at 6:30 Am, helping Nicole and the boys get the day started. Except that I was taking Seth in the Lab for blood work to check how he's doing levels wise on the PKU front. Seth and I had a great morning. Good quality father and son time, doing just, stuff! After Seth had eaten his breakfast I took him and dropped him off at school. It was about 8:30 Am. All in all not to bad a morning.



Ever since the benefit for Greyson, I have been getting great joy out of reconnecting with a favorite teacher from my high school days. He surprised me by attending. Turns out that he is one of our closest friends Uncle and he made the connections of who I was. I cannot explained how touched I was too look up from accepting someones sympathy to see a well remembered smile and a long missed face. To not see someone who you enjoyed spending time with for 22 years and to have them all of a sudden appear to provide support to you in a time of great sorrow and difficulty is overwhelming. I was deeply touched.
It was great fun and relief to sit and just talk, catch up and laugh..... I can still laugh. Not the polite make others feel better about how I'm doing, but the deep, side splitting laugh. I haven't felt so good in so long. I will admit that it was an effort to not feel guilty about feeling so good though. Guilt was tickling the back of my neck the whole time. Telling stories about Grey helped keep it at bay.

As I drove away after a wonderful visit, I found myself thinking about how blessed as a family we have been. We have so many wonderful, thoughtful people checking on us, thinking about and praying for us. I wish that I could do or say more to thank you. Each and everyone of you have touched my heart deeply.
I then did something that I haven't done in far too long, I got my wife flowers and had lunch. After lunch I went to the local radio station to try and arrange an on air interview and the local newspaper to raise interest in a story about H.B 1795 (Greyson's Law). It's looking good and I will keep you apprised of any development.
Then at 5:30 pm I was a baseball practice with Seth. Not a bad day at all.

Grey Grey, I did it! I let myself have some fun without that tight- fitting T-shirt bothering me too much. I hope I made you proud of me. I miss you so much Little Man.

I Love You,
Ah! Da!

No comments:

Post a Comment