Ticker

Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's Baseball Season.....


I tell you what, Nicole is the best Mom ever! Here it is Sunday and instead of sitting around on her butt, Nicole is loading up not just Seth, but Seth and Riley for a whole afternoon of baseball practice. Seth is in the second year of the PeeWee level and Riley is in the Coach-pitch level. It's great! They are so excited. Seth's team is the Cardinals and he has had two practices so far and he is really looking forward to this season. That is good. We as a family really need for this to be a good family distraction. Last season was such a disappointment. Seth didn't like his coach, didn't get to play catcher all season and just didn't enjoy himself at all. Which had a huge impact on our family dynamic. Nicole hated going to Seth's game because of the situation with the coach and also Grey was having feeding problems (Milk allergy we thought) so she wanted to stay at home with Grey. I resented this, because I missed the family time and I had to do all the games by myself. (Poor me! Don't you feel sorry for me?)


Riley is on the Astros and today is his first practice. Seth has practice again today after Riley's, so it is going to be a long afternoon for them all. What a Mom! And she is also bearing up under the added strain that some of the people at Riley's practice might not have heard about Grey's death. Dealing with peoples shock and amazement about Grey's is really hard, even for me.

Thank you, Nicole. Thank you for always putting the boys first. I Love you so much and you make me proud to be your husband everyday.


Have fun Boys! Do great at practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment