Ticker

Friday, March 27, 2009

Taking a Step Back....



I haven't blogged in a few days. I guess that I needed a break. Also, I started meeting with a grief counselor. I really think that seeing her is going to be a huge help to me. Actually, she is the one that suggested that I needed to take a break from everything, working on Greyson's Law, blogging, anything that made me focus on my grief. So that's what I did.



She also said that after a break, I needed to re-read some of my past blogs. "!.!" Boy. The counselor said that the blogging is a very healthy thing to do, getting rid of the "poison" of my grief, and that we humans require that our grief must be witnessed. So she was glad to see that I am not internalizing my grief, but....





I now see why so many of you have been voicing your concerns. It took Nicole sitting down with me and reading me some of titles of my blogs and some of the more, memorial ones for me to see that. While expelling the poison of my grief might be a healthy thing, exposing friends, family and others who care about me, my wife, and my boys, to these unfiltered feelings, is not kind or necessary.


So the time has come. I must stop feeling so sorry for myself and refocus on making it about celebrating Greyson's life and Greyson's Gift, instead of my grief and my ability to describe it. The fact that we have been able to achieve as much as we have in such a short time is amazing. The impact Greyson has had and continues to have on people is very humbling to me as his father. The pride that I feel in my heart for Greyson is unbelievable, indescribable.





Grey, Ah! Da! loves you!





To all the people that have been worrying about me and our family, Thank you. Please know that I will be continuing to work on my grief and doing it in a more positive and constructive way.



The process will not always be pleasant or easy, I may revert to allowing the grief over take me, But I will never allow it to consume me the way it was beginning to. I must resist the temptation to surrender to the grief and to never feel anything again but numbness. I can and I will. I am nothing if not tenacious. My family needs me, and I need them. Together we will overcome our grief and find a way to carry on with the joys of living.

I have made this promise to our Greyson. Now I make to everyone else too.

No comments:

Post a Comment