Ticker

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Syrup? Anyone?


I worked last night. Mondays have been a work night for me for years! After Seth was born and had to be so closely monitored on his diet, Nicole and I agreed to rearrange my work week so that one of us was able to be at home with the kids. No daycare. It has been tough in some ways, (Nicole & I have NO time together) and very rewarding for me in others. I have gotten to be Mr. Mom for the last 9 years.

Anyway, I decided to stop on the way home for breakfast for Nicole and the boys. I wanted to stop at McDonald's but the line was insane. And Nicole was very specific, No food in the new truck. So I went to Burger King. I got the hash browns for everyone and the French Toast sticks for Riley. As soon as I got the bag and pulled it into the truck, the smell hit me. Some of the memories are starting to come easier now.... Grey with syrup all over his face, grinning from ear to ear.

Grey loved syrup! He would get excited when I went down the list of breakfast items, and just wiggle and smile when I hit on the one he wanted that morning. It went in cycles, but waffles drowned in syrup was a definite favorite. He would sit there just beaming, syrup all over his face, sucking the syrup out of every piece of waffle. And then spit out the pieces. Then, Baby Bird, mouth open! Another piece. Sticky! Sweet smell.

This picture is great! I took it one of those crazy mornings that Grey was just awesome. Giggling and smiling, playing with Daddy and just making a MESS!

Mornings like that were the best!

Makes me miss you even more Little Man!


Ah! DA! Loves you!


This is one of my favorite pictures. While sleeping today after a night at work, my memories visited me in my dreams. I was in the kitchen, making French Toast with, you guessed it, syrup. Another Greyson favorite. I felt Greyson's presence and heard him laughing, in the excited, hurry up Dad! Way that he did when he was ready for his breakfast.

It was a nice dream.

In my minds eye, I can see Grey, sucking on a piece of waffle......

1 comment:

  1. I love the smell of syrup! From the pancakes, to the waffles, to the oatmeal, he was definitely a sweet breakfast kid like me. We need to go back to Cracker Barrell and buy a thousand maple syrup Yankee Candles and fill our house with Grey!

    ReplyDelete