Ticker

Monday, March 9, 2009

Wow! The Places We Wind Up!


Wow!


I tell you what, this time last year I was in the euphoric world of a Dad with a new baby at home. Experiencing first smiles and musical cooing and gurgling. A blur of diaper changes and baths, sleepless nights and days blending together. I was the proudest of all Dad's! 4 boys! I was the MAN!!


Through the fog of tears stinging my eyes, I watched the lost videos of Grey at 3 months old. We had forgotten about the footage. What a blessing that Nicole found it. My biggest concern back then was how to satisfy the attention needs of 4 rambunctious boys. What I wouldn't give to have that be my biggest concern now!


Sunday was a surreal day. I was working and I was out with my client and his wife and daughter while the ladies shopped for clothes. He has become a dear friend and confidant. He too knows the pain that only a father of a lost son can feel. Anyway, I was off getting him some water from the water fountain and I had one of those moments that you never think will happen to you. I have always been fascinated by babies. Even before fatherhood I loved to play with friends kids and watch the wonder of life in their eyes. I met a kind man and his 14 month old son. A beautiful boy who wasn't sure he was enjoying the whole, shopping thing. Naturally I was drawn to them. Babies have a way of mesmerizing me lately, especially babies close to what Grey's age would be. I spoke to them and continued to the water fountains. As I made my way back, father and son were rocking in a rocker in the outdoor display. So naturally I stopped and talked to them.
Would you believe that the man recognized me from the news piece done on Greyson's death months ago? What are the chances that on the eve of our doing the SA Living Show to update our progress, I would have a chance encounter with this man and his young son? What message am I to take from this? This is the first time that I have been recognised by a stranger. I want to thank this kind soul for his words of kindness and sympathy. Thank you for reminding me of Nicole's and my goal to protect babies from our Grey's fate. I am reminded of Pastor Mark's words, "Love Him Hard!"




Wow! The Places We Wind Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment