Ticker

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September 2009! National Newborn Screening Awareness Month


Yesterday was the 1st of September, the day that Greyson's Law officially takes effect. The state department of health still has until September 2010 to fully implement all of the tests and provision of Greyson's Law, but still it was a big milestone in the Morris household. Very significant if not bitter - sweet day.


I passed the day very unceremoniously. I was sleeping. Luke has been home all week this week so far with a bug that he picked up at school. "Aren't the first few weeks of the school week grand?" I don't know if it was the fact that I feel bad today that I slept all day yesterday, (fighting what Luke has) or just me shutting down, but I blew it. And my feeling bad today didn't help me correct it today. I had intended to get Nicole some flowers and a balloon in celebration, but of coarse, didn't. I SUCK~!


I have been fighting a overwhelming feeling of being in limbo right now. I was going to start school this semester, but didn't get all of my money issues into line in time, so that has been postponed until nest semester. I am very anxiously awaiting a call from the Texas Health Commissioner's Office asking me to be a part of the Advisory Committee on Newborn Screening, but nothing yet. So here I sit feeling like I am adrift.... I need to get off my butt! I do have much to do. I need to get a planning committee together for the fundraising walk that we want to have on the 1 year anniversary of Grey's death.


Needless to say, I have a lot that I want to accomplish. All I need is to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment