Ticker

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

About Me!


Some of you may know me, but for the purposes of this blog, I will pretend that I just dropped in from another dimension. I was born in San Antonio, Texas on December 3rd, 1968.; A very good year. So yes, I AM 40 years old! Now shut up and listen! I have always been a bit of a loner and a nerd, so I like horseback riding, gaming and anything that has to do with computers. I lived in Alaska from the time I was 18 months old until I was 12 years old. I graduated from Smithson Valley H.S. in 1987, Joined the army in 1990 and got out in 1998. I married my soulmate and the sun to my moon on Feb. 16, 1997 and am the father to 4 rambunctious boys. Oh! I forgot. I work as a Pediatric and Private Duty Homecare Nurse. So? Any questions? Good!

My wife, Nicole, is the best! I credit her for what I have made of myself. Really! Sure before we married, I was a nurse, but I didn't have any direction. I was very negative, I was done with dating, very anti-social and didn't have any want to change. If you had asked me, I would have told you that I was happy. After all, I had always dreamed of owning and training a horse, and got validation from my work as a nurse. (Helping people is a powerful drug.) When Nicole literally, flagged me down, I thought I had it made. Boy, did she wake me UP! Spending time with her was like electricity. She opened a whole new world up to me. She has the ability to see people and life with such beauty. For me the world was just different shades of grey. No joy. No sun. No one to trust or count on except me. She gave me so much, she gave me,,, FAMILY.

And now I am not just Bill, I am heydad! Nicole has given me these 4 amazing spirits in the form of our 4 boys that wear me out and energize me at the same time every day. I remember, I was complaining to Nicole one day that I never got any emails, and she told me to get off my butt and get my own email address. Well, I couldn't decide on a name that fit. Just then Seth, son #2, bounced into the room yelling, "Heydad!" Nicole and I looked at each other and it stuck. Now, not only is that my email, but my online gamer tag also. Did I mention that I am a gamer? Just checking.

So, now I am really living the life that I was destined to live. I am a DAD! I have 4 beautiful sons. Luke is the oldest, he is 13. He's just like me when I was 13, except good with girls. I HATE that (jealous)! Seth is next, and he is 9. He has the biggest and most tender heart. He is also more athletic than I will ever be. He gets it from Nicole. Riley is the 3rd and he is 6. He is Nicole in boy form. He has the most amazing sense of humor and loves all music. Then there is Greyson, "Grey". Grey would have been 1 on 12/18/08. He earned his wings on Friday 12/12/08 at 2:08pm in my arms. Please visit his website @ http://www.greysgift.com/ he was my bud. I can honestly say that there was never a time that he wasn't in my arms when I was home. I miss him very much.

So that is me as of today. And now we have a beginning to start at. I have been feeling since Grey's death, that I need to do more, share my thoughts more. So I want to try to do that with this blog site. Hopefully I won't bore everyone to sleep. I have been hesitant to start a blog, because, what if no one reads it? That would suck!

3 comments:

  1. I am so very proud of you! You rock! I can't wait to keep up with you through your blog. I will surely pass this on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, hi, I'm Anita and I read Nicole's blog. Misti brought me to an awareness of Grey in November of last year, and I've been reading since.
    This is a great start. I'm happy to get to know you.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete