Ticker

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Start of the 12 th Year!


Yesterday was the best day I've had since Grey died. I really didn't know if we would be able to move past our sadness and give into the joy of the occasion. It didn't help that I had pulled the typical thoughtless husband routine and not gotten anything to give Nicole.


Nicole had planned the whole day. We went to eat pizza at Gatti's Pizza and then the movies to see "Pink Panther 2". Stupid movie, but spending time with the boys was awesome. I think that was the difference that made the day. It reminded us of what is most important, our family.


Nicole,


I never thought that I could love you more than that day when I first kissed you and knew that my heart was yours. Many other couples would find dealing with the loss of a child to have shaken the very foundation of their relationship. I haven't had even one thought of doubt or concern about our relationship. Knowing that I have you to be there to hold my hand and wipe my tears, makes it possible to face everyday. It gives me comfort to know that you get it. You understand completely as no one else ever could. I Love You.

Please never doubt that I have your back. I will be there for you when you just don't feel that you can bear to take one more breath, to hold your hand and wipe your tears. We are in this together for all time. I remember that Pastor Mark looked at us and said "you know that statics aren't on your side. Most marriages don't survive a year after the death of a child."

I actually chuckled! And I told him, since when has our relationship ever allowed for the statistics? When have we ever listened to any of the Nay Sayers? NEVER!

You will have to accept that I will stick by you forever!


I Love You! You will always be the Sun to my Moon.


Your Loving Husband,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment