Ticker

Friday, February 6, 2009

Ouch!


It happened on Tuesday night. Nicole and I were lost in the blissful haze of sharing our Grey with Jacque Waggoner and Chris over dinner near their hotel. KRUNCH!!!....Stabbing Pain!!.....It finally broke! Dr. Smith, my dentist had warned me to get a root canal and a crown. But we were pregnant with Greyson and then he was here and then he was sick;..... then he was gone..... And I hadn't done anything.

The whole back half of my back molar had split off to below the gum line! Leaving a jagged, very sharp edge rubbing up against the soft underside of my tongue. I hastily excused myself from the table and went to the bathroom to dig out the fragment from my gum! OHH man! Those of you who know what a baby I am about the dentist, understand.


Any rate, I set myself to ignoring it after that. Nicole and I finished our wonderful evening with Jacque and Chris. Talking about Grey and the difference that we want to make because of our losing him helped me forget.

I managed to ignore it all of Wednesday and Wednesday night at work. And while we were at the Capital, no problem. But on the way back to New Braunfels, we stopped to eat and I couldn't chew! It felt like I was slicing my tongue in half. Again, those who know, understand how bad it was, because I called for an emergency appointment at Dr. Smith's! It had abscessed and having it dulled so that it wouldn't tear up my tongue was awful! Dr. Cole told me the bad news, Root Canal very soon, or pull the tooth!


Dr. Cole gave me drugs!

What is wrong with me? I find myself giddy with anticipation at going to sleep this morning after working last night, will the pain & the pain-killers bring him?....


Will I get to hold my Baby?

My arms and chest.... The aching.....


Grey? I'm so tired. Do I dare sleep? What if he still doesn't come to me?


Grey?

No comments:

Post a Comment