Ticker

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Riley, My Riley!


I just got off the phone with Nicole. You Know its the weekend again and I'm off working again. This time of day on Saturdays are good. I have finished all of my morning routine for my client and have a few minutes to myself. I braced myself for the waves of memories and emotions, and with a great feeling of guilt, realized that the memories coming into focus are happy, bright, and warm.

I don't understand it, but I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. That snug, familiar shirt that has been my second skin so often lately is somewhat loose and not as heavy. It must have been the blissful, happy excitement that I was basking in last night after we went to the sports & outdoor store to get the boys (Seth & Riley) a few items that they needed for Little League. There is nothing as wonderful for a father as soiling your sons for no good reason. Each of the boys, even Luke, got to get something that they wanted, even though they really didn't need it.

Riley in particular is such a sweet and bright soul, I just can't help but smile. The total, pure joy in his voice when I said yes to his request was infective. I'm smiling now as I'm thinking about it. He was still as happy as can be in the background while I was talking to Nicole.


Yep! Thank God for Riley!


Grey Grey,


Yesterday Mommy and I took your brothers to the Academy Store for Little League shoes. And of course they just had to get other things too. You would have been laughing at Riley. He was so excited and trying on all the helmets and trying to convince Daddy to buy him a new bat too! Even though he doesn't need one. Your bothers miss you so much Little Man!


We Love You!

Ah! Da!

No comments:

Post a Comment